COMPANY HISTORY
The farm encompasses an area of ​​13.5 hectares, of which 7 hectares are planted with olive trees, 2 hectares are dedicated to specialist facilities and the remaining part is mixed cropping. The main cultivars are Leccino (40%), Carboncella (30%), Frantoio and Salviana (20%), and the rest are table olives. Altogether, we obtain 30-40 hectolitres of extra virgin olive oil. The harvest begins in the last week of October, with manual picking for about 10% of the crop, but then with the assistance of pneumatic olive harvesters for the remaining 90%. The oil is extracted at the mill using a continuous cycle, and then bottled and packaged on our own premises. The product is sold at the farm, where we have a small shop and special tasting room, and also at various local and weekly markets.

TYPE OF COMPANY
The Anna De Santis farm is situated in an olive-growing valley at the foot of the Sabine Mountains, where oil has been produced since the second century B.C. The property consists of 7 hectares of olive groves, with 1,500 trees of typical local varieties. The olives are processed within 24 hours at the local mill, using a continuous cycle. The oil is decanted into stainless steel tanks and stored at a controlled temperature in the absence of oxygen

Extra Virgin Olive Oil

  • Name of oil
  • LA DIFESA EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
  • Olive Varieties
  • LECCINO, CARBONCELLA, FRANTOIO AND SALVIANA
  • Average annual production
  • Not Available
  • System of Production
  • CONTINUOUS CYCLE COLD PRESSING
  • Organoleptic profile
  • FRUITY, MEDIUM LIGHT, WITH HINTS OF MEDICINAL HERBS. IN THE MOUTH, IT OFFERS HINTS OF CARDOON, SWEET ALMOND, AND DRIED FRUIT, PERSISTING IN THE DELICATE FINISH. IT IS A VERSATILE OIL WITH CHARACTERISTIC FEATURES
  • Recommended for gastronomic use
  • VEGETABLE SOUPS, CEREALS, LAKE FISH, AND MIXED COOKED VEGETABLES
  • ADDRESS:

    Via Torino n. 32 • 00018 Palombara Sabina (RM)

  • TEL:

    +39 0774 637021 • cell 339 3914067

  • CONTACT:

    Anna De Santis